Do I need the other parent’s consent before moving homes? - Rayner Song Family Lawyers

You do not need to obtain the other parent’s consent to move to a new home with your child if the move does not mean that the child will have to change schools or if the move will not make it impractical or significantly more difficult for the other parent to spend the same time he or she currently spends with the child. For example, if you currently reside in Glen Waverley and you wish to move to Hawthorn with your child, you do not require the other parent’s consent provided the child can continue to attend the same school. However, if you wish to relocate to Geelong with the child, then you should obtain the other parent’s consent.

Leave a Reply